Whanganui Regional Health Network (WRHN) is a Primary Health Organisation that focuses on ensuring people in our community have access to a wide range of primary care services. WRHN has an established salaried LMC service operating in our subsidiary company Taihape Health Ltd and is establishing a Marton based service, and seeking to provide further LMC services to support women within Whanganui city and northeast rural communities.
Kaua e rangiruatia te hāpai o te hoe, e kore tō tātou waka e ū ki uta. Whanganui Regional Health Network aims to be a champion of closing the health equity gap experienced by Māori. As a member of this team, you will be expected to deliver a high quality service in a culturally competent manner, in order to meet our responsibilities under the te Tiriti o Waitangi. He waka eke noa.
We are looking to recruit a team of midwives to deliver continuity of care services within an interdisciplinary team model. The practitioners will:
- Enjoy the challenge of delivering services to women with a range of clinical and social needs;
- Provide safe effective midwifery care for women and their whanau;
- Be culturally competent;
- Be able to work effectively within a LMC team, within the WRHN MDT team, with general practice teams, and with external health and social service providers;
- Be committed to ongoing professional and cultural development; and
- Be committed to delivering care in line with best practice standards within a continuous quality improve framework.
The service model will be co-designed with input from our community, local maternity service providers, and our general practice partners. The aim of the service will be to provide continuity of care to women who face barriers to achieving good health outcomes; thus addressing health inequities for hapū māmā, tamariki and their whānau.
WRHN is interested in receiving applications from registered midwives, new graduate midwives and midwives seeking to return to practice.
A copy of your Curriculum Vitae, a covering letter and completed application form should be send to Amanda by 20th January 2020.