Whanganui Accident and Medical Clinic (WAM) is a subsidiary company of the Whanganui Regional Health Network (WRHN). It was established in 2003 as a means to provide the Whanganui community and visitors to our city with improved access to primary and urgent afterhours care, and to complement and support existing primary care services.
At the heart of WAM services is the desire to:
- Provide an innovative service which promotes access to appropriate primary care services,
- Be responsive to the needs of the Whanganui community,
- Reduce health inequalities for Maori, and
- Empower individuals to positively influence their own health and wellbeing.
WAM also holds the Whanganui regions ACC Preferred Provider contract. It is located on the Whanganui hospital campus alongside the Emergency Department (ED); in essence creating a ‘one-stop shop’ for consumers in order to improve access to a variety of services. WAM opening hours are 8am to 9.30pm, 365 days per year.
WAM currently has a permanent part-time / full-time (0.6 to 1.0 FTE) position available and is seeking applications from energetic and motivated Registered Nurses who;
- Have appropriate Urgent Care or Emergency qualifications and recent experience in either,
- Are willing to participate in rotation through all rostered shifts,
- Can demonstrate a high level of computer literacy,
- Can demonstrate good communication skills,
- Have an updated Portfolio,
- Can demonstrate clinical assessment skills, and
- Hold a current triage qualification (CENNZ) and ACLS Level 6 or assure a commitment to obtain.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Completed application form
Applications close Monday 21st May 2018. For a job description and application form please contact Gina Halvorson - Clinical Nurse Lead.