Whanganui Accident and Medical clinic (WAM) is a subsidiary company of the Whanganui Regional Health Network (WRHN). It was established in 2003 as a means to provide the Whanganui community and visitors to our city with improved access to primary and urgent after-hours care and to complement and support existing health care services.
At the heart of WAM services is the desire to:
• Provide an innovative service which promotes access to appropriate primary care services,
• Be responsive to the needs of the Whanganui community,
• Reduce health inequalities for Maori, and
• Empower individuals to positively influence their own health and wellbeing.
WAM also holds the Whanganui regions ACC Preferred Provider contract. It is located on the Whanganui hospital campus alongside the Emergency Department (ED); in essence creating a ‘one-stop shop’ for consumers in order to improve access to a variety of services. WAM opening hours are 8am to 9.00pm, 365 days per year.
WAM is currently seeking a part-time Registered Nurse for evening shifts, 20 hours per week and a Casual Registered Nurse. A single applicant seeking between 20 and 40 hours per week could fulfill both requirements.
The successful applicant will preferably be a Registered Nurses who:
• Has appropriate Urgent Care or Emergency qualifications and recent experience in either,
• Can demonstrate a high level of computer literacy,
• Can demonstrate good communication skills,
• Has and up to date Portfolio,
• Can demonstrate clinical assessment skills, and
• Holds a current triage qualification (CENNZ) and ACLS Level 6 (or assure a commitment to obtain).
Applications must include:
• Cover letter,
• Current Curriculum Vitae, and
• Completion of WRHN application form.
Contact Amanda for an application form and a copy of the job description.