Are you passionate about the wellbeing of our community?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative person to work within the Wellbeing Team at Ruapehu Health in Raetihi – to enhance the ability of the general practice team to provide holistic care to patients. This person will be the Health Coach and Stop Smoking Practitioner within the team. The position is 0.9 FTE (36 hours per week).
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the wellbeing of their community to support patients with health literacy, self-management support, navigation of services, and provide specific stop smoking services to individuals, whānau and groups in Raetihi. The Health Coach is based within the general practice and works closely with the general practice team, Iwi organisations and other NGOs and community partners to provide wrap around support for patients’ health and wellbeing needs. They will also meet patients in the community where this supports patient goals.
The role provides comprehensive training, education and ongoing mentoring. It does not require an existing qualification, however prior education, training, lived experience, and/or relevant experience would be beneficial. The successful applicant would be required to complete national Health Coach training and Quit Smoking training.
The role is part of a new model of integrated primary mental health and addictions support which aims to provide all New Zealanders experiencing mental distress or addictions challenges with access to convenient, high quality, integrated and person-centred care and support. As a result, this role will best suit someone comfortable working with change who is excited by the opportunity to improve and refine the model of care to best meet the wellbeing needs of the community.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a flexible, self-starter able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Has relevant experience in mental health and addictions and/or self-management support of long-term conditions.
- Demonstrates understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and commitment to its application within their practice and improving Māori health outcomes.
- Has highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport and relationships with Māori, Pasifika, Youth and wider community networks.
- Has excellent computer skills and ideally experience recording notes in electronic patient records.
- Holds a current full NZ drivers’ licence.
- Is passionate about learning and refining a new model to best meet the wellbeing needs of the population and achieving the goal of a Smoke free Aotearoa.
If you have a passion to improve the wellbeing of the population and skills for an innovative new role, then please apply by Tuesday 3rd August 2021 at 5pm and send to WRHN, as per the application form. For a job description and application form see below or contact email@example.com or phone (06) 348 0109. A copy of your resume, a covering letter and completed application form should be submitted.