29 June 2020
The Director-General of Health, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, provided an update to the media today at 1.00 pm.
Today there are two new cases of COVID-19 detected at the border. There continue to be no cases in the community.
Questions from journalists.
- How do you go from having no symptoms to requiring hospital level care?
- Reaction to the report from yesterday.
- Results of the review.
- One of the recommendations was a review of PPE. Is that happening now?
- Who is supplying masks for managed isolation?
- Will PPE for manage isolation be coming from government stocks?
- What sort of masks will people be using?
- Do you have a sense of where people coming from overseas are contracting COVID-19?
- Could airlines require a test or managed isolation before travelling?
- Was Dr Bloomfield told by health officials they didn’t have capacity to do day three and day twelve testing?
- The review says officials would not be able to comply with that kind of testing. Why is that?
- Are you confident in the current processes in place for flight crew?
- Will improving that process mean putting international crew in managed isolation?
- What does that process involve for the US?
- Have any issues in stockpiles with medical equipment been dealt with?
- Have those supply chains been altered?
- It has taken a week to contact people. Does that undermine confidence in our contact tracing abilities?
- What’s the next step in contact tracing and if people continue to ignore pleas to contact Healthline?
- What is the threshold for contacting these people?
- Some people who called Healthline were referred to their GP for a test and charged, why is that?
- There was an editorial on how masking is the way to avoid a second lockdown, has Dr Bloomfield read that?
- Do you have plans to rule out mask use across public spaces?
- What were the issues with contact tracing the 300+ people?
- If there was a community outbreak, what could we expect to see?
- Does Dr Bloomfield know anything further about the man who is currently under hospital level care?
- Is there any updates on compassionate exemptions and when they may be reinstated?
- Has Dr Bloomfield received any flowers yet?