25 June 2020
The Director-General of Health, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, provided an update to the media today at 1.00 pm.
There are three new cases of COVID-19 to report on today.
Questions from journalists:
- Those three new positive cases had to be transferred. Are the Ministry confident they have been transferred safely?
- Do the crew on those flights have to isolate now? If not, why not?
- With the new case definition, does that mean it will be harder to get tests?
- Have we enough swabs?
- If you have a cold or a flu or a sore throat, you won’t have to be tested now?
- Did you bring this decision (case definition) forward as a result of a rush on demand?
- Have things changed in the past few days?
- When did you notify the Health Minister about the case definition change?
- People in the Ibis hotel are concerned about communication – Are you confident in the process?
- Are you expecting to see more cases after people were transported together?
- How did Dr Bloomfield feel yesterday after the Ministers comments?
- Is Dr Bloomfield being blamed around things that were outside his control?
- Questions around the Allen and Clarke report.
- PHU’s want a nationalised unit, why does the software used not fill the need for contact tracing?
- Are we looking at different procedures for people arriving from more “high-risk” countries?
- Before someone gets on a flight, does the Ministry know the details of who is getting on each individual flight?
- Is genome sequencing being used currently?
- Is something like sewage testing an approach to sentinel testing?
- The people being followed up that haven’t been tested, do they have to prove that they have been tested?
- Will people be wearing masks on transport when going into managed isolation?
- Does Dr Bloomfield think air crew should be isolating?
- Can Dr Bloomfield clarify how a recovery was recorded?
- Is there any further work being done on tracing where people may have picked up an infection? – Follow up
- Will compassionate exemptions be rolled out again?
- Thoughts on the proposal for a potential Covid Card?
- Looking at testing labs.
- The testing of border workers and airline crew.